Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

View previous topicGo downView next topic
raven
raven
Admin
https://absolutesports.forumotion.com

Steve Bisciotti says Ravens have prioritized an offensive lineman, not another receiver Empty Steve Bisciotti says Ravens have prioritized an offensive lineman, not another receiver

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:06 pm
Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti made it clear in a conference call with permanent seat license holders Tuesday night that the organization’s focus is on adding an offensive lineman, not on signing an available wide receiver such as Eric Decker or Anquan Boldin.

“If I don’t get an offensive lineman, somebody is going to start shooting at me. If I have one bullet left in that gun, I better save it for an offensive lineman,” Bisciotti said. “I think right now, we have a lot of confidence in Chris Moore to be our fourth wideout and let the competition begin with the fifth and sixth wideout. [Michael] Campanaro, as you know, has to stay healthy and Keenan Reynolds is developing. Chris Matthews is doing some nice things in camp and did nice things last year in camp. I’d say that I don’t think that we have room for a starter at wide receiver now and I do think there’s going to be some talent out there that could challenge for a starting position on our offensive line. I think I’m going to save that last punch for an offensive lineman.”

In a conference call that lasted an hour and was joined by 3,000 season-ticket holders, Bisciotti was asked twice about general manager Ozzie Newsome’s plans to beef up the offensive line. At the start of mandatory minicamp today, the Ravens had 2016 first-round pick Ronnie Stanley at left guard, 2016 fourth-rounder Alex Lewis at left guard, John Urschel at center, Ryan Jensen at right guard and James Hurst at right tackle.

Stanley and Lewis are entrenched at their spots. Marshal Yanda, a perennial Pro Bowl performer who had offseason shoulder surgery, will be the starting right guard when he’s ready to return. However, the Ravens did not replace right tackle Rick Wagner, who signed with the Detroit Lions in free agency, or center Jeremy Zuttah who was traded to the San Francisco 49ers.

Their options at right tackle include Hurst, who has started 16 regular-season games over his first three seasons; Jermaine Eluemunor, a rookie fifth-round pick; and De’Ondre Wesley and Stephane Nembot, who both spent last season on injured reserve. They also have discussed moving Lewis to right tackle, but he’s yet to get any first-team repetitions there in minicamps.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=471083
kansascityjoe1
kansascityjoe1
Rookie

Steve Bisciotti says Ravens have prioritized an offensive lineman, not another receiver Empty Re: Steve Bisciotti says Ravens have prioritized an offensive lineman, not another receiver

Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:40 pm
I know they will probably get who ever else then can, WR or OLine men.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum