Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

View previous topicGo downView next topic
raven
raven
Admin
https://absolutesports.forumotion.com

Owens on Hall of Fame: 'There is a flaw in that system'  Empty Owens on Hall of Fame: 'There is a flaw in that system'

Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:12 pm
Hall of Fame wide receiver Terrell Owens expressed no regret about his decision to skip this weekend's induction ceremonies in Canton, Ohio.

Owens, critical of the Pro Football Hall of Fame voting process after not being selected in 2016 or 2017, has opted to hold his own ceremony at the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga -- his former school -- starting at 3:17 p.m. Saturday.

"I understand why I've made my decision," Owens said Friday before treating 32 boys from the Boys to Men youth program to a shopping spree. "I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But again, obviously the criteria and the system put in place for the Hall of Fame in order for guys like myself to be inducted, there are guidelines that the writers -- the sportswriters -- are supposed to adhere to.

"This is not [about] not being inducted the first or second ballot, but it's about the process in which guys are nominated and ultimately inducted. There is a flaw in that system. So this is not only about me, but it's about the guys that went before me, that's going to come after me. And I can make a stand for those guys so they won't have to go through this situation.''

The Hall of Fame won't acknowledge Owens individually during Saturday's ceremonies in Canton. Owens, a five-time All-Pro selection, amassed 15,934 receiving yards and 153 touchdowns on 1,078 catches while playing for San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas, Buffalo and Cincinnati.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=524624
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum