Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

View previous topicGo downView next topic
kansascityjoe1
kansascityjoe1
Rookie

Jake Peavy Plans To Pitch Again, Weighs Midseason Comeback  Empty Re: Jake Peavy Plans To Pitch Again, Weighs Midseason Comeback

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:50 pm
Good luck to you in your decision.
raven
raven
Admin
https://absolutesports.forumotion.com

Jake Peavy Plans To Pitch Again, Weighs Midseason Comeback  Empty Jake Peavy Plans To Pitch Again, Weighs Midseason Comeback

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:04 pm
Right-hander Jake Peavy passed on all of the offers he received this winter due to a desire to remain at home with his four sons and spend time with them in the wake of a divorce, but he definitively tells Alex Speier of the Boston Globe that he will again play professional baseball. Whether he signs with a club midseason or elects to simply pursue a minor league pact/Spring Training invite this coming offseason is yet undecided, however.

“I can tell you with certainty, without a shadow of a doubt, I will play baseball again,” said Peavy. “Whether that be this year or next year, I’m still up in the air. There are some opportunities to [sign] tomorrow. If that was to happen, I’m grateful for that. But the last year of my life has presented challenges I didn’t foresee coming. It’s something I’ve embraced.”

Peavy, who turned 36 last week, suggested to Speier that he’s heard from more National League clubs than American League clubs, though Speier writes that a team’s division and league won’t have much of a bearing on Peavy’s decision if he does decide to sign. Rather, he’d unsurprisingly prefer to latch on with a club that has postseason aspirations. The Red Sox, Peavy adds, have not spoken to his agent about a potential reunion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum